Æ Halfpenny. ND. Diameter 19mm. · YE COFFEE· HOVSE· AGAINST around; *S* W*E in centre. R. · ST. CLEMENTS· CHVRCH around; in centre HIS HAIFE PENY in three lines BW (London) 2472; Norweb — About Fine*. *US customers please note that this is strict British grading.
The issuer's name is unknown.
St Clement Danes church is situated outside the Royal Courts of Justice on the Strand. The first church on the site was reputedly founded in the 9th century by the Danes. The current building was completed in 1682 by Sir Christopher Wren. Wren's building was gutted during the Blitz and not restored until 1958, when it was adapted to its current function as the central church of the Royal Air Force.
British Tokens - 17th Century - London - coffee house - Saint Clement Danes